This thanksgiving, Yoga Netri brings an all-time favorite and popular dessert, a simple homemade apple pie recipe.
The recipe is in two parts. The first step is the pie crust – both for lining the pie dish and topping the apple filling. The second step is the filling for the apple pie.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 1 hour 30 min
Yield: 1 9" pie (8 servings)
Making the pie crust
- Whole-wheat flour – ½ cup
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Butter (chilled and diced) – ½ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Mix the above five ingredients and make dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic film and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Now onto the second step.
For the filling
- Whole-wheat flour – 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Country sugar (powdered jaggery) – 1 cup
- Apples – 5
- Melt the butter in a pan and add flour to form a paste.
- Add water, sugar and let it boil for a few minutes on low heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 175 degree C.
- Take the dough from refrigerator and divide into two halves. Roll out the dough into a circle, slightly bigger than the dimension of the pie dish.
- Line the pie dish with one of the rolled out dough.
- Fill with peeled and sliced apples, slightly heaped.
- For the top piecrust, you can either cover the whole pie or make a lattice pattern. If you cover the whole pie with crust, make holes here and there.
- Pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Keep watching. After 15 minutes, the pie should begin to turn slightly brown. Check whether the crust and the apples are done. Then take it out and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces after it cools down.
Enjoy and share with us how they turn out.
Also check out Chocolate Peanut No-Bake Pie
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoganetri/
Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yoganetri/
Yoga Netri hosts monthly food and nutrition workshops Stay tuned for further updates about upcoming workshops.
To stay updated about upcoming workshops for Yoga for kids and adults join our WhatsApp community of yogis - Whatsapp group
Stay safe. Stay blessed.